Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Small Wargame

A few days ago I whipped up some simple, fast-play modern skirmish rules. I adapted parts of Chain Reaction 3.1 and Fireteam Tactical Combat (which you can find at Freewwargamesrules Wiki) and blended them up with some ideas from my own imagination to create World War III: Armageddon. Ostensibly, these will be the working rules for my WWIII wargame, though they work just as well for WWII or other modern conflicts. The system is easy to learn and requires only 1D6 for all tests.
Here are some pics from the first test game. I used 16 of my WWIII Russians against 8 Modern British and 8 US WW2 Paratroopers, since I didn't have enough Brits painted up. The game was fun, but it definitely needs some revisions. Once I have a system of playable rules, I might put them up on this blog.
It started off badly for me, with my opponent wiping off my entire raw unit in the first turn and then bagging my elite officer in the second. I managed to strike back late and take out some of his bolt-action rifles on my right flank, but it was too little, too late. 




No comments:

Post a Comment