Friday, May 22, 2015

Finished Panzer IV Tiger I

So, here it is in all its painted glory. This was only the second tank I've ever built, so I was pretty happy with the way it came out. There were certain things about the model that were really irritating, however. When I used a heated metal screwdriver to fuse the first track together, it worked fine, but when I tried the second track, one of the little holes for the peg broke open, and it ended up looking like a mess.
Also, the decals didn't work well at all - even though I used Testors decal set, one of the crosses on the side of the hull disintegrated and fell God knows where, so I had to paint the cross on. Still, doesn't look too bad. The decals on the side of the turret were also a pain in the butt, they didn't stick well at all to the bumpy and rounded surface.















No comments:

Post a Comment