Friday, May 22, 2015

Italeri 11th Century Crusaders



Got these figures for Lion Rampant, the rulebook for which I just received for my birthday. I did a few test games of Lion
Rampant using unpainted figures, and it's really fun. Fast paced and easy to learn. Me and my opponent were playing smoothly and fluidly, without too many checks to the rulebook, in the first game. Intuitive game mechanics and it doesn't take itself to seriously. Highly recommended. I'll have to get some more of those Osprey Publishing wargame rulebooks.
The figures are not great - a lot of the figures are on the skinny side, as is common with Italeri sets - and some of the poses are unnatural and stiff. But the mounted figures make up with it with their fluid knightly grace. They'll look great, all painted up in bright heraldic colors and ready for battle.















No comments:

Post a Comment